E-learning for the protection of young adults, level 3 certified, ideal for schools, school teacher’s, LSA’s and social workers, cpd certified online child protection course.
This online safeguarding children level 3 training course is aimed at school teachers, LSA’s, social workers, who work with children, young people or infants who could potentially contribute to assessing and evaluating the needs of a child, or young person, who may be potentially at risk of harm.
This safeguarding and protecting Level 3 course is designed to give everyone who works within schools, or the education environment an introduction to safeguarding children and to raise awareness of the key areas of abuse and neglect.
Who is this training suitable for?
This level 3 child protection training for schools online course programme is an ideal learning platform, because it can be completed at a time that is convenient to you, which makes it an ideal learning solution not only for school teachers, but also is an ideal training platform for:
- Head teachers
- Support Staff & LSA’s
- Social Workers
- Childminders & Nursery Workers
E-learning protecting children, course, what’s covered?
- Understanding what protecting children and young people means
- Child development and negative influences on it
- An awareness of the key legislation and guidance in relation to the safeguarding of vulnerable young people
- How to be aware of you own professional responsibilities, as well as those of your colleagues and partner organisations
- How to be able to document and report concerns relating to child abuse or maltreatment, including:
- Taking adequate history
- Performing a physical examination in ways that are deemed appropriate in line with current legislation relating to the protection of children and young people
Assessing parenting capacity
- The forms of abuse and signs of abuse
- Recognising and responding to abuse, with specific guidance on note taking and recording your concerns
- Meaningfully contribute to inter-agency assessments, as well as the gathering, sharing of information and where appropriate analysis of risk posed
- Work in partnership with others, including:
- Completing local reviews
- Including child death reviews
- Lessons learned from recent serious case reviews
- How to participate in inter-agency working and be supportive to vulnerable children and their families/guardians where safeguarding concerns have been raised
- Be familiar with your local organisational protocols and referral processes to your local safeguarding team and/or social services, and how to minimise barriers in the referral process
- Make yourself aware of your information sharing responsibilities within and across multi-disciplinary teams
On completion of this online safeguarding children teachers course you will be required to complete an assessment with a pass mark of 80%. If you do not pass on your first attempt, don’t worry, as you can re-take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Once completed free online safeguarding children course certification will be available as a download from within your own secure training area, as it is a requirement for your training records. This course is also an ideal learning solution to be run along side our Lockdown Procedures in Schools & our Positive Handling in Schools Course
On successful completion of this e-learning course, you will be able to download, save or print your certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our e-learning training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.