It should be noted that this online safeguarding training childminders level 3 course programme is ideal at all childminders, childcare nursery staff.
In addition to this, it is also suitable for school teachers & support staff working with children & infants.
Importantly, this protecting children training Level 3 course is designed to give everyone who works with infants or children an introduction to safeguarding. Also to raise awareness of the key areas of abuse and neglect towards children and infants.
Who is this training course for?
This online level 3 safeguarding children & child protection training course is an ideal learning platform, because it can be completed at a time that is convenient to you.
This makes it an ideal learning solution not only for nursery staff, but also individual childminders, school teachers, school support staff, social workers & more.
E-learning child protection & safeguarding course, what’s covered?
- Understanding what protecting of young people means.
- Child development and negative influences on it.
- Awareness of the key legislation, guidance in relation to the protection of vulnerable children and young people.
- Aware of you own professional responsibilities, as well as those of your colleagues and partner organisations.
- Document and report concerns relating to child abuse or maltreatment, including.
- Taking adequate history.
- Forms of abuse and also the signs of abuse.
- Recognising and responding to abuse, with specific guidance on note taking and recording your concerns.
- Meaningfully contribute to inter-agency assessments, as well as the gathering, sharing of information.
- Work in partnership with others, including.
- Completing local reviews, including child death reviews.
- Lessons learned from recent serious case reviews.
- Participate in inter-agency working and be supportive to vulnerable children and their families.
- Be familiar with your local organisational protocols, referral processes to local social services.
- How to minimise barriers in the referral process.
- Aware of your information sharing responsibilities within and across multi-disciplinary teams.
Furthermore, on completion of this protecting children online course you will be required to complete an assessment with a pass mark of 80%.
If you do not pass on your first attempt, don’t worry, as you can re-take the test as many times as you need.
Once completed free online safeguarding children course certification will be available as a download from within your own secure training area, as it is a requirement for your training records. This course is also an ideal learning solution to be run along side our Positive Handling in Schools Course
Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
In addition, we also offer a dedicated website offering online safeguarding training courses. For additional information regarding this, follow this link to our Online Safeguarding Training website.
Finally, all of our e-learning training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.