E-learning training, paediatric basic life support, cpr course for childminders, level 2 certified online training, ideal for childminders, nursery staff, schools, school teachers and social care staff, cpd certified.
A cardio respiratory arrest occurs less frequently in children, so childminders are less likely to be involved in cpr & paediatric resuscitation.
It is essential for childminders & teachers to have an understanding of how to conduct cpr on children, as conducting basic life support on a child when delivered can often be stressful.
Who is this programme suitable for?
This level 2 online paediatric cpr training course is an ideal learning platform, because it can be completed at a time that is convenient to you. This makes it an ideal learning solution not only for for childminders & teachers, but also is an ideal training platform for:
- Nursery Workers
- Support Staff
- Social Workers
E-learning basic life support course for childminders, what’s covered?
- Where to find local resuscitation policies and procedures and the current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
- Emergency procedures, including what to do when a child is choking and how to get them into the recovery position
- How to carry out an ABCDE assessment
- How to make sure the child has an open airway
- How to confirm respiratory arrest
- How to confirm a cardiac arrest
- How to start and maintain effective chest compressions
- How to report and record the details of an emergency event
- Individual roles and responsibilities in responding to a child in an emergency
- Individual responsibilities in reporting and recording details of an emergency event accurately
- Importance of undertaking any resuscitation interventions within the limits of your capabilities and context of any previous training received.
On completion of this cpr, bls for children online course you will be required to complete an assessment with a pass mark of 80%. If you do not pass on your first attempt, don’t worry, as you can re-take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Once completed free online paediatric bls training for children course certification will be available as a download from within your own secure training area, as it is a requirement for your training records. This course is also an ideal learning solution to be run along side our EYFS Training Course
This online paediatric cpr training course is CPD certified and our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our e-learning courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.