E-learning training, Epilepsy awareness online training, ideal course for childminders, nursery staff, schools, school teachers, level 2 certified & cpd certified.
The e-learning course covers the causes and effects of Epilepsy, as well as ensuring that the learner knows the correct ways to care safely for someone who is having an epileptic seizure.
The course also covers the various types of seizure and how the effects may differ. It will also explore emergency help and risk assessing and managing of a person within their care.
Who is this programme suitable for?
This level 2 online Epilepsy training course is an ideal learning platform, because it can be completed at a time that is convenient to you. This makes it an ideal learning solution not only for for childminders & teachers, but also is an ideal training platform for:
- Nursery Workers
- Support Staff
- Social Workers
E-learning for childminders, school teachers, what’s covered?
- History of research into Epilepsy
- Causes and some of the facts and figures relating to its effect on the population
- Methods that neurologists can use in the process of diagnosing Epilepsy
- Basics of how messages are sent through the brain and why seizures occur
- Different types of seizure and the effects they can have
- Non-Epileptic Attack Disorder (NEAD)
- How to identify the signs that a service user is going to have an epileptic seizure
- Importance or using and updating support plans to provide people with the help they need
- The states of mind, as well as the physical factors, that can trigger seizures
- How to provide effective support to people during and after an epileptic seizure
- Definitions of status Epilepticus and serial seizures.
On completion of this Epilepsy online course you will be required to complete an assessment with a pass mark of 80%. If you do not pass on your first attempt, don’t worry, as you can re-take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
This online training course is CPD certified and our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our e-learning courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.